Friday 26 February 2010

Too Big For My Boots!

Last night I started knitting some wrist warmers, and I was determined I would finish it in one night - and yeah I did finish one of them, but it was the wrong size of needles - ARGH! Nightmare - they were too tiny - my niece wouldn't even get her hands through them - it serves me right for not looking properly at the size of needles - so I'll just have to start again and then i'll get to try out my nice new needles woohoo! While knitting though I wanted something I could finish quick - nothing beats the feeling that you have accomplished something... sooo.... I remebered I'd got this little pattern and these were the first things I ever knitted, but couldn't find where I'd put them so I just knitted some more up with some matching ribbons. I think these tiny booties look so cute - and I'm delighted with them. No doubt I'll use them to make my mum's neighbour a card as she is due a baby any time soon, and they are on a card on the site, but I have other ideas on how to use these babies too.
Check out the pattern here :) It's issue 5 and called 'baby booties' there is some lovely little crafts over there so you should really take some time out and have a look.

I felt very crafty tonight too... I made my gran's birthday cards, but it took me over 3 hours just to get a little inspiration - I don't really have much in the ways of card toppers, plenty card, but nothing really to put on them, but I managed and got 2 decent looking cards. I tried to get pics of them but no matter how much I tried I just couldn't get one that did them justice - that's my excuse and i'm sticking by it hehe!

2 comments: